We must not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot

Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Goodbye Tax Return, Hello Passports

In anticipation of our annual tax returns, we are trying to determine passport costs for our children. While I understand that every penny spent on a passport will undoubtingly be a penny well spent, I gasped… $250 a child times 3, it didn’t take long to conclude it was going to cost a LOT! Thank goodness Casey and I already have valid passports.

Not only expensive, but intensive! Getting permission for a 4 year old, a 7 year old, and a 12 year old to leave the country is quite overwhelming! … as it should be! I mean what idiot packs up their entire comfy, suburban existence and deduces they should move to China. “I think I’ll move to China. … let the kids learn Mandarin! It will be a good experience.”

Yes it will be a good experience! I am absolutely convinced of that. So, goodbye tax return, Hello world!

No comments:

Post a Comment