We must not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot

Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Martins take Chengdu... Chengdu, China!!!






So it hits me last night as I'm walking Grayce, my 7 year old, next door to a sleepover. WE ARE MOVING!!! Then after a short (seemingly crazy) explanation to our neighbor of why we just recently posted a “For Sale” sign in our front yard it hit me… WE ARE MOVING TO CHINA!!!

FYI – My very first conversation with our new neighbors. Crazy yes, but my absolutely exasperating life barely permits time to write in a blog I promised myself I would.

So … while I see her, the neighbor lady (yes, my child attends a sleepover and I don’t even know her name… I’m sure Casey might?), I realize she is giving some thought to what I was telling her. The response was an overall, ARE YOU CRAZY?? … CHINA!?

The walk back across the soggy lawns to my own home gave me a minute to think… ARE WE CRAZY?? The undisputed and overwhelmingly evident answer … ABSOLUTLY!!

An awarding feeling then entered my mind… WE ARE DOING IT! We are following our hearts, and giving our children a piece of the world. We are giving ourselves a piece of the world. My kids are going to be the coolest, most open minded and understanding individuals!
Okay… I’ll quit gushing!

More on Chengdu!!!

This is what I've discovered from a little research.
Neat Insight
• Home to the Giant Panda Bear Research Centre
• Known for “great” food (spicy)
• 4th largest city in China, but very different from other large cities
• Known for a “laidback” lifestyle
• Often beginning point for travelers going to Tibet – (Everest)
• Largest Buddha statue in the world
• Rated as one of China’s most livable cities

No comments:

Post a Comment